STAGE 1 - PLANNING
STAGE 2 - EXECUTION
This is why you need to be pre-approved for a mortgage BEFORE house shopping:
DID YOU KNOW The new construction salespeople work for the builder and NOT YOU?!
The Salesperson at the Model Center represents the builder’s interests, NOT YOURS!
It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you have your own Realtor to represent you and negotiate on your behalf with the builder!
The builders are trying to build as many homes as possible at any given time so it is imperative that you have your own realtor to ensure that your home gets the attention it needs!
1. What sets you apart from other builders in the area?
2. How long does it normally take you to build a home of this size?
3. How and when can I make changes or upgrades before and during construction?
4. Will our construction agreement include a complete list of detailed specifications and allowances?
5. Does the community have a homeowner’s association? If so, what are its rules and fees?
6. How and when will the final price for my home be determined?
7. How often and when will I have access to the home during construction?
8. What’s your process for quality inspection during construction and at final walk through?
9. What type of warranty do you offer?
10. How will you handle our deposit if we decide to cancel the contract before and/or after construction starts?